You can donate to CamCRAG’s general funds by text message, online via Kindlink, or through Facebook:
- Donate £5 now by texting CAMCRAG to 70085. You can donate any other amount from £1 to £20 by sending an SMS with the message CAMCRAG followed by the amount. For example, texting CAMCRAG 20 makes a £20 donation.
- Donate on Facebook
- Donate on Kindlink
- Bank transfer. To arrange a bank transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We rely entirely on the generosity of our supporters to provide the aid we send to Calais, and the funds we use to help refugees. We have no employees, no offices, and thus minimal administrative costs, so you can be sure any money you give goes directly to help those in need. In the financial year ending 30 June 2019, we received £27,166 from fundraising and donations, of which only £957 was spent on administration.
Donating goods during the Covid lockdown
- Please DO NOT bring donations to ANY donation drop-off point if you or anyone in your household has a dry continuous cough, sore throat, fever or other Covid-19 symptoms, is waiting for a Covid-19 test result, or has been asked by the NHS to self-isolate.
- Please read the ‘What to donate’ list below of what goods we are currently accepting, and what goods we cannot accept.
Local donation drop-off points
Because we cannot hold public donation drop-off days at the moment, some of our volunteers have kindly offered to act as local donation drop-off points in Cambridge city and in some of the villages in South Cambridgesire and Suffolk.
Email email@example.com to get the address of your nearest donation point.
The Daily Bread
We can accept LIMITED quantities of donations at The Daily Bread co-operative.
- Please ONLY BRING WHAT ONE PERSON CAN CARRY from any one household in any one week.
- As the Daily Bread is a food shop please PLACE YOUR DONATIONS INSIDE TWO STRONG BAGS and seal them at least 48 hours before dropping them off.
- SANITISE YOUR HANDS before bringing the boxes/bags into the shop.
- IF YOU HAVE MORE DONATIONS THAN ONE PERSON CAN CARRY please do not bring them to the shop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a drop-off location or pick up, as and when restrictions allow us to do so.
Daily Bread Co-Operative
Unit 3, Kilmaine Close
Monday 9am to 4pm
Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 4.30pm
The Argyle Street Housing Co-op
Currently, we are unable to take donations at the ASH Co-op.
What to donate
- WE URGENTLY NEED MEN’S CLOTHES AND SHOES – SIZES SMALL AND MEDIUM ONLY.
- WE CURRENTLY DESPERATELY NEED SLEEPING BAGS.
- WE CANNOT CURRENTLY ACCEPT ANY FOOD DONATIONS, DUVETS, PILLOWS, SHEETS OR LARGE MEN’S CLOTHING.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE DONATIONS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION AND CLEAN.
Current needs list:
We cannot currently accept ANY DONATIONS OF FOOD, due to the difficulty of shipping, post-Brexit. We hope these difficulties will be resolved soon.
Trainers, boots, sturdy outdoor shoes:
- Men & teenage boys: sizes 39 – 43
- Women & teenage girls: sizes 38 – 41
- Children: sizes 22 – 39
We don’t need: shoes with high heels, any stained shoes or shoes inappropriate to living in a camp.
NEW UNDERWEAR & SOCKS
- Children & teens: ALL SIZES
- Women: SMALL, MEDIUM & LARGE
- Men: SMALL & MEDIUM ONLY
We don’t need: used underwear or socks.
- URGENT – Men: SMALL & MEDIUM SIZES ONLY. Jeans, trousers, shorts, long & short sleeve t-shirts, sweaters, jumpers, shirts, jackets, coats.
- Women: SMALL, MEDIUM & LARGE. Jeans, trousers, leggings, long sleeve & short sleeve t-shirts, blouses, jumpers, sweaters, dresses, skirts, jackets, coats.
- Teenage: SMALL & MEDIUM SIZES ONLY. Jeans, trousers, long & short sleeve t-shirts, hoodies, shirts, sweaters, jackets, coats.
- Children age 2 -12: jeans, trousers, long & short sleeve t-shirts, hoodies, shirts, sweaters, jackets, dresses, leggings, coats.
We don’t need: Ski suits, sleep wear, dressing gowns, men’s large clothes, used underwear, stained clothes, clothes inappropriate to living in a camp, anything broken or undignified.
Hats, scarves, gloves.
We don’t need: Belts
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Shower gel
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Hairbrushes and combs NEW ONLY
We don’t need: Hotel or sample sizes of anything, pre-used bottles, tampons.
WARMTH & SHELTER
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping mats
- Hot water bottles
We don’t need: duvets, duvet covers, sheets.
All items should be CLEAN and FRESH SMELLING and devoid of dog hair!
- All medical supplies
- Covid disinfectant
- Hand sanitiser
- Face masks
- Lice treatment
- Small rucksacks and backpacks
Donation sorting and drop-off days
If you have a potential venue we could use for future donation sorting and/or drop-off days – e.g. a church or village hall, sports club or community centre – please email email@example.com
We would also love to hear from you if you could act as a general drop-off point or can help with storing aid, which now has to be collected in larger amounts to be shipped efficiently.
Workplace Giving Schemes
We can also accept donations through workplace giving schemes.
What do we do with unsuitable donations?
Any donations we receive that cannot be distributed to refugees are either sold to raise funds or donated to local charities.
Items are sold at various fund-raising events and also on our new eBay page.