Cambridge Convoy Refugee Action Group (charity number 1170180) send regular convoys of volunteers and aid from the Cambridge region to help refugees in Northern France. We hold fundraisers and organise donation drop off days, as well raise awareness of the refugee situation in Europe. All the money we raise goes towards providing aid or supporting our convoys: We have no employees, and are entirely run by volunteers.
As a charity we have a board of trustees to provide oversight, which appoints an executive committee to handle everyday management and decision making.
Our members help direct the charity and vote for the trustees at the Annual General Meeting, last held in September 2017 – you can read our annual report here.
We have several subgroups which run different parts of the charity:
- Donations: Drop off days and other donation collections
- Convoys: Organises and runs regular convoys to Help Refugees’ warehouse in Calais
- Fundraising: Holds fundraising events and campaigns
- Volunteers: Recruitment and management of volunteers
- Members: Members liaison and events
- Communications: Website and social media, press, mailing list newsletter
If you want to receive our regular email newsletter please sign up by clicking here.
If you are interested in joining a convoy to Calais please go to the Convoys page where you will find all the information you need and a form to fill in.
If you would like to donate items or money please read more on our Donations page.
If you are a member of the media and you would like to cover CamCrag’s activities please email email@example.com
If you need to get in touch with our committee for any other reason please fill in the form below.